Asphalt Shingle Services
in Middle River
Proudly Serving the State of Maryland
Asphalt shingles are preferred by many residential homeowners. These shingles are available in a variety of colors, shapes, and levels of durability, and come with longer warranties than metal roofs, slates, or cedar shakes. The traditional roof shingle will effectively deliver professional quality and long-lasting installation at a reasonable price when installed by a professional, factory-trained, and licensed roofing contractor.
Asphalt shingles are also the most used roofing material in North America for a good reason. They are versatile and weather-resistant, making them worth examining when it’s time to replace your roof. After all, if your roof fails, everything beneath it is at risk.
Advantages of asphalt shingles, over other roofing options available on the market, include:
- Affordability: Asphalt shingle prices are typically in the middle of the pricing range for roofing materials. This provides a fair combination of quality and price, making them a great option for homeowners.
- Fire resistance: Asphalt roofs have a high kindling point, which makes them extremely fire resistant. Asphalt shingles can last two hours in a fire before catching flame, making them a fairly fire-resistant material that is also extremely affordable.
- Durability: Asphalt roofs can endure and last up to anywhere from a decade to 20 years if installed properly, ideally by our professional roofers at Maryland Roofing Exteriors.
- UV protection: Asphalt shingles have a surface that blocks damaging UV radiation from entering your home. This in turn creates a cooling effect, resulting in lower AC prices for your family and home.
- Ease of installation: In favorable weather, installing an average-sized roof with asphalt shingles takes only a day or two, if installed by a professional roofing crew.
Signs That Your Shingle Roof Needs Repair
Because shingles are designed to last for 20 years or more, they are a durable and affordable solution for local homeowners. However, if your home is more than 10 years old, you might be surprised to learn that your shingles may already be at the end of their lifespan. Be on the lookout for any signs of damage, as this is when most shingles begin to fail.
Signs that your shingle roof needs repair include:
- Curled, cupped, or cracked shingles
- Missing or loose shingles
- Gaping seams or V-pans
- Wet, stained, or moldy shingles
- A shingle that looks like it's been eaten away by pests
- Wavy or cracked flashing
Call Maryland Roofing Exteriors for Shingle Roofing Services
When your shingle roof is damaged, you need professional roofers to repair the problem as soon as possible. Waiting too long to repair a shingle roof can lead to further damage, water intrusion, and expensive problems down the road. For example, if you don't repair a leak in a timely manner, the wood underneath can rot, which will require a more expensive repair in the future. To protect your home from further damage, call Maryland Roofing Exteriors for prompt shingle roofing services in Middle River.
We'll send a certified roofer to provide a free estimate for the work you need. We also offer a full range of roof repair services for homeowners who need help with any type of roofing problem.
Call our team at (443) 487-6768for more information.
Has it been a while since you had a professional service your roof? Are you looking for a team you can trust to keep your new or existing roof in great shape? Call Maryland Roofing Exteriors. Our licensed, insured, and vetted team is prepared to help you. All it takes to get started is a phone call or a message online.